Quite possibly the fastest curry you will ever make. Loaded with fresh veggies, creamy coconut curry sauce and the addition of Peking duck makes it feel very fancy indeed- especially for a homemade meal.
- 1 Tb peanut oil*
- 1 pack (2 breast) of ready roasted Peking duck sliced into strips
- 1 heaped Tb Penang curry paste** I use Mae Ploy brand but Maesr is ok too
- 3 heaped cups (or 1 large plate of mixed of veggies- I used 1 carrot, 1/3 red capsicum, 10 snow peas, 1/4 Spanish onion, 1 head bok choy or pak choy)
- 1/2 cup sliced pineapple or lychees
- 1 1/2 cans quality coconut cream
- 1 1/2 Tb brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tb pure crunchy peanut butter (or ground peanuts) a generic brand is sometimes a bit ‘peanut buttery’
- fresh coriander and peanuts to garnish
- Mix the peanut butter with a couple of tablespoons of the coconut cream and the brown sugar and set aside.
- Heat wok to hot.
- Add oil to wok and and fry curry paste and any harder veggies (onion, carrot, bok choy stems) for 2 minutes stiring constantly.
- Add in duck, coconut cream, peanut butter mixture and the rest of the veggies and simmer for 2 minutes or until the duck is heated through and the veggies are just cooked but still crunchy. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the curry is too dry.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts and fresh coriander.
Tips and Tricks
*I use peanut oil as it withstands high temperatures and it doesn’t have a strong flavour. Any other oil is fine.
**You can generally buy Penang paste in single use pouches in the supermarket or better yet buy a tub from an Asian grocer. A whole tub is around $5 and you will get at least 10 curries from it.
***You can use whatever you have on hand- cauliflower, mushrooms, beans, zucchini, broccoli, mini corn etc
On a personal note…
We mix it up depending on how I am feeling as to what we serve the curry with. Jasmine or brown rice, cauliflower rice or just the curry as is. If we are short on time I put jasmine rice in a big microwave safe bowl in the microwave (rinse rice then 1 cup rice to 1 2/3 cups water) and microwave for 12 mins. I check it and if needed cook for another 1-3 mins. If I do this first then by the time the rice has finished then the curry is ready. Faster than any takeaway!!
Complementary dishes from carlysrecipe.com
If you have enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions I would love to hear from you. Just comment below. You can also follow Carly’s Recipe on Instagram @carlysrecipe