This fresh, vibrant salad is a perfect accompaniment to any Mexican meal, shared BBQ or for lunch either in a wrap or with your favourite protein.
- 1/2 iceburg lettuce shredded *
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels defrosted **
- 1/2 bunch of finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 handful of cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkling of ground sea salt
- Place lettuce, carrot, capsicum, apple, tomato, corn, coriander, and cauliflower into a large bowl.
- Add lime, olive oil and salt just before serving and toss lightly.
- Taste and adjust lime, salt, olive oil to taste.
- Optional: Top with fresh coriander, fresh chili and or lime wedges
*use a plastic knife (not metal) to prevent lettuce from browning.
**Corn is quickly defrosted when rinsed in cold water for a minute or two
Other Mexican Recipes on this site include:
If you have enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions, I would love to hear from you. Just comment below. You can also follow Carly’s Recipe on Instagram @carlysrecipe