Super easy basic slice. Perfect for kids parties or lunch boxes as a treat.
- 125 g butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa *
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Stir in melted butter and egg
- Spread mixture evenly over the base of a well greased 28 cm x 18 cm slice tin.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, or until just firm to touch.
- Spread with icing immediately, leave in tin and place in fridge to cool. Sprinkle a little extra coconut or 100’s & 1000’s.
*For an extra chocolate hit double or triple the amount of cocoa