This was a last minute throw together when I was asked to bring something to a friends birthday. Easy to make and gives a flavour burst to whatever you use it for. Mix and match your favourite spices and nuts to make your own personal blend.
Roasted Almond Dukka
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 2 Tb toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- Toast sesame seeds until golden in a fry pan or oven. Roast nuts too if you have bought them raw- I cut a corner and just bought pre-roasted nuts. Put aside to cool.
- In a mortar and pestle or small food processor grind nuts until coarsely ground.
- Mix sesame seeds, nuts, herbs and spices altogether. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Great to add to salads, on top of avo & poached eggs for breaky, or most commonly used with Turkish bread and olive oil for dipping. In a cute little jar, it would make a lovely gift too.
Once you make your own, you’ll never dream of using a store bought dukka again.