A good smokey pulled pork or brisket recipe is a great one to have in your repertoire. Perfect for Summer meals or feeding large groups of people. The perfection of this recipe lays in the balance of sweet, smokey and a touch of spice. A squeeze of fresh lime will bring it to life as does a fresh chopped salad teamed with herbs. Think crunchy lettuce, thinly sliced red cabbage, carrot, coriander and mint. Perfect for tacos, burgers, rice bowls and transitions to a Mexican dish easily with the addition of corn chips, salsa and sour cream. Oh, and this recipe freezes well so do yourself a favour and make a double portion.
Smokey Pulled Pork or Brisket (slow cooker recipe)
- 1 kg brisket
- 2 Tb smoked sweet paprika
- 1 Tb oregano
- 1 Tb cumin
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smokey BBQ sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tb fresh lime juice
- Sear brisket in a hot pan seasoned with olive oil and salt until brown.
- While brisket is searing, get slow cooker ready and place all other ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to create a thick sauce.
- Place brisket into slow cooker with sauce and turn once to coat the brisket.
- Cook for six hours or until tender and easily shreds.
- Taste and season accordingly.