As with most of my recipes on this site I write them for me. Despite making the same thing over and over again I still forget the best way to make the food I love. This recipe was inspired by my recent Ubershape challenge. It’s easy and delicious. Providing you have a great tasting protein powder, these post workout oats remind me of eating a fresh blueberry muffin. I make them the night before so they are ready to go, without a fuss.
Post Workout Chilled Oats
- 1/3 cup steel-cut oats (I use the Woolies Macro Organic brand)
- 1 cup water (plus 1/3 extra)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Soak the steel-cut oats for at least 4 hours or overnight in 1 cup water.
- Simmer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Take oats off the heat and add 1 scoop of protein powder and an extra 1/3 cup water and stir to combine.
- Place in jar or container and top with frozen berries and refrigerate overnight.
During the winter these oats are great eaten warm. At step 3 return the oats to the heat after adding the protein powder and extra water. And skip refrigeration. Yum!